Fundamentals of Physician Compensation
|OnDemand Webinar||$149||Add to Cart|
Get assistance in clarifying and understanding fair market value standards when considering physician compensation.Many hospitals and physicians do not fully understand the regulations that pertain to the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, or how important it is to understand compensation for a physician at a fair market value level. This course will assist in clarifying and understanding fair market value standards when considering physician compensation. The material will review how to structure physician compensation arrangements that are compliant with the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute and the key factors in considering fair market value assessments to avoid violations resulting in potential penalties and fines. If financial arrangements are not the fair market value or commercially reasonable severe fines and penalties can be imposed. If the government can prove that the parties intended to induce referrals through such financial arrangements, criminal sanctions, including imprisonment, can also be imposed.
AuthorsRobert A. Wade, Esq., Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Ensuring Your Hospital Has Defensible Fair Market Value Analysis Process
• Understanding the Definition of the Fair Market Value Analysis Process
• How to Structure the Process of a Fair Market Value Analysis
• How to Establish a Defensible Fair Market Value Analysis
Must Organizations Start to Focus on Commercial Reasonableness When Analyzing Fair Market Value?
• Due to Regulatory Requirements and Changes in the Law, Health Care Organizations Need to Have Knowledge of the Regulatory Statutes When Considering the Commercial Reasonableness in a Fair Market Value Assessment
• Regular Review of Financial Arrangements to Verifying Financial Arrangements Are Commercially Reasonable and Compliant With the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statutes
How Will Organizations Address Fair Market Value in the Move From Volume to Value?
• Identify the Key Factors in Evaluating a Fair Market Value With Transition From Volume to Value
• Recognize Non-Productivity Quality Indicators
Specific Case Study Discussions of Documenting Fair Market Value for Physician Supervision/Collaboration, Administrative Services, Team-Based Models of Care and More
• Lessons Learned From Recent Prosecutions, Rulings and Settlements
• Consequences and Penalties for Failure to Report Violations
• Specific Strategies to Minimize the Risk of a Lawsuit