Fair Labor Standards Act
|OnDemand Webinar||$149||Add to Cart|
Get the tools needed to ensure FLSA compliance.Wage and hour class action litigation and wage and hour audits are some of the most devastating liabilities that employers carry. Noncompliance is generally not a one-off but systemic and results in hundreds of thousands of dollars in liability. Fortunately, because of the systemic nature of classifications, it is very easy to identify and develop a compliance plan. This course will give you the tools to conduct a self-audit and ensure that individuals are properly classified. The failure to do so is costly - between attorney fees and damages. As such, this material is critical to ensure compliance with the FLSA and prevent wage and hour litigation.
AuthorsJulie A. Proscia, Esq., SmithAmundsen LLC
FLSA - What Is It?
• Who Is Covered Under the FLSA?
• What Does the FLSA Require? i.e., Overtime
Exempt vs. Nonexempt - Everyone Is Nonexempt Except …
• Administrative Employee Exemption
• Executive Employee Exemption
• Roundup: Learned Professional, Computer Professional, and Outside Sales Exemptions
Oops … I Am Not Compliant
• Federal and State Department of Labor Audits
• Wage and Hour Class Action Litigation - Largest Growing Class Action Facing Employers
• It's Not Just the Department of Labor - Impact on Workers' Compensation, IRS, and Unemployment