Separation Agreements - Protect Your Company After an Employee Leaves
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Protect your company with an effective separation agreement.Separation agreements are an extremely valuable tool available to employers to eliminate the potential for post-termination lawsuits from disgruntled ex-employees who are unhappy that their employment was terminated. However, in order to gain the many benefits of such agreements, it is imperative that employers do them correctly and meet all necessary legal requirements that apply to gain actual enforcement of such agreements. Learn how to effectively craft separation agreements and learn about the important legal requirements that must be followed to make such agreements enforceable. Furthermore, you will gain valuable insights into best practices and strategies for appropriate enforcement and effective negotiation of separation agreements.
AuthorsRalph R. Smith 3rd, Esq., Capehart & Scatchard, P.A.
What Are Separation Agreements?
• How Do You Create Them?
• Why Do You Create Them?
• When Should You Seek Them?
The Contents of Enforceable Separation Agreements
• Crafting Effective Agreements
• What Claims Can Be Released in a Separation Agreement?
• Special Rules for Obtaining Enforceable Releases of Claims
Essential Clauses in Separation Agreements
• Post-Employment Noncomplete Requirements
• Nondisclosure Provisions
• Nondisparagement Clauses
• Nonhire and Other Essential Clauses
• How Should You Enforce Separation Agreements?
• Injunction vs. Damage Suits?
• The Use of Liquidated Damages Clause and Other Remedy Considerations