Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act
|OnDemand Webinar||$149||Add to Cart|
Understand the Act's requirements and what you need to do to remain in compliance.The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act imposes several requirements for employers of migrant and seasonal agricultural workers. In addition to establishing exacting requirements pertaining to employment standards, wages, housing, and transportation, the Act mandates employers make certain disclosures and engage in recordkeeping. This course will provide an overview of the current status of the Act and will focus on what you need to do to remain in compliance.
AuthorsJ. Greg Coulter, Jackson Lewis P.C. Alejandro Perez, Jackson Lewis P.C.
Overview of the Act
Farm Labor Contractor Registration
• Obtaining Certificate of Registration
• The Requirements for Agricultural Associations and Agricultural Employers
Wages, Housing, and Transportation
• The Act's Requirements as to Wages
• The Act's Housing Requirements
• The Act's Transportation Requirements
Disclosures and Recordkeeping
• Pre-Employment Disclosures
• Posting Requirements
• Payroll Record Requirements
Exemptions and Other Provisions
• Who Is Exempt From the Act's Requirements?
• Other Provisions
Enforcement of the Act