I-9, E-Verify, EAD, and Compliance Updates
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Make sure you have policies and practices in place that will help you improve your compliance and avoid penalties and fines down the road.Would you be ready if ICE came to audit your I-9 records today? All employers are required to meet stringent I-9 employment verification requirements, often coupled with additional E-Verify requirements, yet most are unknowingly making mistakes that could be quite costly. The good news is that those mistakes are preventable, and we can help you put policies and practices in place that will help you improve your compliance and avoid penalties and fines down the road. In this topic, we will cover basic and advanced I-9 requirements, when E-Verify is mandatory, whether you should use an electronic I-9 system, and how to ready your company for an I-9 audit. We will also discuss new developments in the I-9 world and how to review identity and employment authorization documents presented by employees. Finally, we will ensure you have the tools in place to stay in compliance moving forward so you can be confident if ICE comes knocking on your door.
AuthorsAimee L. Clark, Clark Immigration LLC
Are You in Compliance With I-9 and E-Verify Employment Eligibility Requirements?
• How the I-9 and E-Verify Systems Work
• Penalties for Paperwork Errors
• Penalties for Unauthorized Workers
• How to Complete the I-9 Form and Avoid Costly Mistakes
• Pros and Cons of Electronic I-9 Systems
What Has Changed in the I-9 World Lately?
• Temporary Changes Due to COVID-19
• New I-9 Form Version and Instructions
• Enforcement Actions and Increased Fine Levels
How Do You Know If an Employee Is Work Authorized?
• Permanent Authorization to Work
• EADs and Other Temporary Work Authorization Documents
• Detecting Fraudulent Documents
• Constructive Knowledge and Due Diligence
What Are the Most Important Steps I Can Take to Maintain I-9 Compliance Going Forward?
• Policies, Procedures, and Oversight
• Federal and State Compliance Requirements
• How to Access Training
• Conducting Regular Internal Audits