A Look at the Future of Work Post-Pandemic
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
Understand the changes that will likely become our new business normal and the legal issues related to those changes.The COVID-19 pandemic changed the way most businesses operated in the blink of an eye. Government-mandated shutdowns in the spring of 2020 forced businesses to adjust to remote work platforms where possible and to find ways to connect with their employees when they were not in the same office. For essential businesses, they were forced to provide workplace protections to their employees and to address leave issues unlike ever before. When the crisis ends and life slowly returns to normal, there are pieces of our workforce that will not return to the way they were before. This topic will examine the changes that we will likely see become our new business normal, the legal issues related to those changes, and also the ways in which work or business will not change.
AuthorsStephanie K. Rawitt, Clark Hill PLC
COVID-19 - a Recap of What Happened in the Workplace
• Who, What, When, Where, How and Why (Not All Businesses Are Conducive, Not All Positions Are Eligible)?
• Managing Those Who Work Remotely (Workplace Continuity, Culture, Policies, FLSA Issues)
• Overwork, Mental Health, Work-Life Balance, Employee Burnout
• Other Legal Issues (Workers' Compensation, Taxes)
• Gender Equality
• FFCRA (What It Did and Why It Highlighted an Issue for Workers Under the FMLA)
• FMLA Possible Modifications
Technology Data and Privacy Issues
• Managing Technology of a Remote Workforce or Partial Remote Workforce
• Zoom®, Google® Meet, etc.
• Data Privacy and Security
Ways the Workforce Cannot/Will Not Change
• Essential Business (Hospitals, Grocers, Certain Retail, Schools)
• Employment Laws