Nonresident Employee Withholding
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Protect yourself from taxation issues when dealing with employees working in multiple states.When having employees working in multiple states it can be difficult to know what to consider to make sure that the correct state taxes are being withheld and the correct taxable earnings are being taxed in the correct states. This topic will give you the tools to determine what taxes are applicable for your employees based on residency, state and reciprocity agreements. We will also cover local tax determinations as well. This information will help you be able to determine the correct taxation for all employees no matter the employment scenario.
AuthorsDayna J. Reum, CPP, FPC, Dayna J. Reum
Multistate Withholding Rules
• What Residency is and How to Determine the Correct Resident State
• Reciprocity Rules
• Resident/Nonresident Withholding Rules
Taxation for Employees Working in Multiple States
• Withholding Tax in Several States
• Unemployment Tax for Employees in Multiple States
• What Is Nexus and How Does It Work?
State Local Taxes
• Local Tax Residency Rules
• Special State Locals to Consider for Employees Working in Several States