ADA Update: Overview of Americans With Disabilities Act and Practical Implications for Employers
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Learn everything you need to know about the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it affects each stage of employment, from recruiting and hiring through termination.Complaints about violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are at an all-time high. Verdict and settlement amounts are on the rise. Without expert guidance about how to navigate the tricky waters of disability law, employers face enormous liability risks. This topic helps those responsible for dealing with disability issues to understand the most important provisions of the ADA, and the detailed regulations promulgated by the EEOC. The material will explain how those provisions and regulations apply to each stage of employment, from recruiting and hiring through termination. It will also provide you with practical tools to administer the reasonable accommodation process, such as job descriptions and checklists for interactive process meetings.
AuthorsCalvin R. House, Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
Who Is a Qualified Individual?
• Works for Employer Covered by the ADA
• Has the Qualifications for the Job
• Is Able to Perform the Essential Functions of the Job With or Without a Reasonable Accommodation
What Is a Disability?
• Physical or Mental Condition
• Substantially Limits
• Major Life Activity
When May the Employer Obtain Medical Information?
• Offer of Employment Contingent on Medical Clearance
• In Response to Request for Accommodation
• Reasonable Belief the Employee Is Not Able to Perform the Job
What Is a Reasonable Accommodation?
• During the Hiring Process
• After Commencement of Employment
• Interactive Process
|Audio & Reference Manual||More Info|
|MP3 Download||More Info|