Designing a Flexible Work Environment That Works for You
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
While many employers support informal, work-from-home-when-your-child-is-sick types of workplace flexibility, it's simply not enough.
While many employers support informal, work-from-home-when-your-child-is-sick types of workplace flexibility, it's simply not enough. Today's workforce expects organizations to be proactively supportive of workplace flexibility of all types, for all employees, and for all roles. In fact, it's the second most important consideration for job seekers today. But, how can you offer flexibility when there's so much work to be done? In this topic, we'll show you how to create a workplace flexibility initiative that meets both your employee's needs and the needs of the organization. You'll learn how to gain stakeholder buy-in, choose viable flex arrangements, and implement a program that will improve employee performance. You'll learn how flex programs can fail, and how to anticipate and avoid potential challenges, how to change the hearts and minds of leaders who are less than enthusiastic, and build a business case for flexibility in your workplace. You'll hear about successful communications and training strategies from organizations in many industries with diverse employee populations. By the end of this topic, you'll walk away with a framework for how to implement a successful workplace flexibility program of your own.
AuthorsKyra Cavanaugh, 15Be, Inc.
Design and Customize a Workplace Flexibility Program
• Build a Business Case Using Internal and External Data
• Secure Key Stakeholder Buy-in
• Select Flex Arrangements and Policy Parameters That Align With Your Organization
Create an Implementation Strategy and Plan
• Elements of a Successful Implementation
• Timing and Order of Implementation Activities
• Gaining Organizational Buy-in
The Role of Training and Communications in Change Management
• Three Critical Levels of Flex Training
• Formal and Informal Communications Strategy
• The Role of Metrics and Communication Feedback Loop