Health Savings Accounts (HSAs): Essential Compliance Updates
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Avoid legal missteps under ERISA when administering your company's health savings accounts.This topic will explain the basic rules for eligibility, contributions and use of an HSA with a high deductible plan. It will also review current studies on whether HSAs are achieving the goal of reducing total health care costs through consumerism. Focusing on the final comparability rules for employer contributions and updates on the new contribution limits and IRS guidelines, it will explore new design opportunities for employers considering how to implement a successful HSA program.
AuthorsJeff Belfiglio, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
What Are Health Savings Accounts?
• Eligible Individuals
• Qualified High-Deductible Health Plan; Permitted and Disqualifying Coverage
• Contribution Limits for HSAs
• Distributions From an HSA
Coordination With Health FSAs
How Can Employer Contributions Enhance Plan Design?
• The Final Comparability Rules
• The Big Loophole: Through a Cafeteria Plan
• Employer Contribution Designs Available
How Well Are HSAs Working to Reduce Health Care Costs?
• Cautions on Interpreting Reports of Savings
• Recent Studies on Consumer-Driven Plans
• Requirements for HSAs to Be Successful