Vacation Policies: When Employees Work on Vacation
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Vacation policies are a benefit to employees that should be a win/win for employers and employees.
This topic will help employers to identify potential problem areas in their current vacation policies and the application of these policies. The information will address applicable laws and regulations, provide guidance on solutions that other employers have utilized to improve their vacation policies, and will help you identify problem areas in your company's current vacation policies. This topic is critical to any employer seeking to properly utilize their vacation policies while avoiding legal pitfalls.
AuthorsDavid A. Campbell, Esq., Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Goals of Vacation Policies
• Provide a Benefit Package That Attracts the Best Employees
• Permit Employees to Recharge/Work Life Balance
Problems That Arise When Employees Work on Vacation
• Wage and Hour Issues
• Loss of an Accrued Benefit
• Employee Morale Issues
• Loss of an Employee Benefit
• State Laws
• Federal Wage and Hour Laws
• Time Clocks and Related Issues
• Use It or Lose It Policies
• Accrued Vacation Policies
• How Do You Ensure Vacation Is Used for Vacation?