Sick Leave Law in New York
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Learn to manage New York's sick leave laws to help your company avoid costly litigation.This topic will review New York State requirements as they relate to sick leave in New York. The new Paid Family Leave Act will be reviewed so you have a better understanding of the statute's requirements, practical impacts and implementation date. The goal is to empower companies to manage leave laws and to not be managed by leave laws. This topic provides a clear understanding of what the law is today and how it will evolve over the next several years. The next step is to understand what watchdogs look for so that companies know how to avoid pitfalls that can lead to unwanted and costly litigation.
AuthorsMichael J. Sciotti, Esq., Barclay Damon, LLP
New York State Labor Law
• Sick Leave Policy Requirements
New York State Paid Family Leave Act
• What Employers Fall Under the Law?
• What Are the ‘New' Benefits for Employees?
• Who Bears the Cost?
• What Will the Cost Be?
• How Does This Tie to NYS Disability Benefits and Coverage?
• How to Use FMLA for Eligible Employers?
• How Does It Impact an Employer's Vacation, Sick or Paid Time off Policies?
• What Are the Impacts to an Employer Beyond the Cost of the Program?
• Sample Claim Scenarios
• Maternity and Paternity-What Changes?