Workers' Compensation Law Update in Colorado
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
Get familiar with everyday workers' compensation issues in Colorado.Workers' Compensation (WC) is a complicated and often frightening area that can be difficult to understand for all the parties involved; the injured worker, the employer, physicians, risk managers - even those with only a minimal understanding of what it is. This topic will assist the parties in their understanding of specific and important WC concepts, with a focus on the distribution of vital information as well as the practical application of such knowledge to real-world employment situations. You will become familiar with everyday WC issues and current and long-term strategies for working with the same. It is anticipated that you will leave this topic with a desire to tackle any WC dilemma with a fresh and positive approach.
AuthorsJames B. Fairbanks, Esq., Treece, Alfrey, Musat & Bosworth, P.C.
Return to Work
• Temporary Total Disability - What Is It? Why Is It Important to the Expense of the Claim?
- Effect on Bottom Line
- What Can You Do to Avoid?
• Offers of Modified Duty - Colorado Rule 6
• Practical Effects of Returning to Work
- Pros vs. Cons
Medical Benefit Management
• What Is It? Why Is It Important to Know?
• Who Selects the Physician for Treatment?
- Employer Requirements
• How Do Referrals Work?
• What Kind of Benefits Are Covered?
• Applicability to Non-WC Areas
• Long-Term Care
• What Is It? Why Do You Need to Know It?
• Impairment Ratings
- Why Is There Math in This Exam?
- Sticker Shock
- AMA Guidelines
• Rehabilitation and Its Effect on Such Claims
• Long Term Strategies