Shira M. Blank
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Partner in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Represents clients in employment-related litigation on a broad array of matters, including claims of discrimination, sexual harassment and hostile work environment, retaliation, wrongful termination, whistle-blowing, and wage and hour claims, among others, in state and federal courts and before various administrative agencies
- Advises clients on all aspects of the employment relationship, avoidance of litigation, leave laws, employee discipline, separation and discharge, and harassment, internal investigations, and reductions in force
- Represents employers in lawsuits alleging violations of all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including with respect to the accessibility of public accommodations and technology, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and equivalent state and local laws
- Before joining Epstein Becker & Green, P.C., served as an assistant corporation counsel in the Labor and Employment Law Division of the New York City Law Department, Office of the Corporation Counsel, where she handled all aspects of employment litigation, including conducting jury trials in both federal and state court on behalf of New York City agencies
- J.D. degree, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University; B.A. degree, The George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs
- Can be contacted at 212-351-4694 or [email protected]
Jeffrey M. Landes
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Partner in the New York office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, where he co-leads the retail service team
- Experience includes counseling clients in a variety of industries including financial services, retail and communications; in all facets of employment law, including compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace, independent contractor issues, executive terminations, restrictive covenants, drug testing, background checks, employee discipline and terminations, reorganizations, workplace investigations, leaves of absence, and development of handbooks and personnel policies and procedures
- Practice also includes preparing employment, consulting and separation agreements, counseling multinational companies on unique labor and employment law issues, and conducting wage/hour and human resource audits
- Regularly conducts workplace training sessions for employees and managers and human resources personnel concerning performance management, harassment, diversity, EEO issues, and wage/hour issues, including pay practices and exempt/nonexempt classification issues
- Has represented employers in wage/hour audits before the U.S. Department of Labor and other federal and state administrative agencies
- Past member of the Labor and Employment Committee of the Bar Association of the City of New York and currently a member of the Equal Employment Opportunity Committee of the New York State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Section
- Can be contacted at 212-351-4601 or [email protected]