Effective Date: November 1, 2010
This website is owned and provided by HR Resource, a division of Lorman Business Center, Inc. ("Lorman"). We can be reached via email [email protected] or by telephone at 1-866-411-6211. Our address is: 2510 Alpine Road, Eau Claire, WI 54703.
Collection and Use of Information
For each visitor to our website, our Web server automatically recognizes and collects the domain name of your internet provider (but not your email address), which does not identify you personally. This information may be used to improve the content and usefulness of our website and for marketing purposes.
We also collect, retain in our database, and use information voluntarily provided by you under the following circumstances:
- If you participate in an online survey, we may collect non-personally identifiable information, which will be used for internal and marketing purposes. We may also collect voluntarily provided personally-identifiable information, which we may use to send you information about our products and services [and may share, sell, or rent to others for marketing purposes].
- If you request services, products, or other information through this website, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, including Contact Information (name, title, company or organization name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number, and any other information that might facilitate contacting you) and Financial Information (credit or debit card number, bank account number, and any other information that might facilitate collecting payment from you), which will be used to fulfill requests for such services or products.
- If you register to submit or post messages in any forum sponsored by HR Resource through this website, such as a message board or chat room, we will collect and use your Contact Information for the purposes of maintaining your account in our system. Additionally, when posting messages on message boards or chat rooms, we will post your name (not an alias) with your message.
- If you register for a seminar or order other products or services through our website, we will collect Contact Information and may collect Financial Information from you, to facilitate the registration process. We may provide your Contact Information, but not your Financial Information, to the speakers who are presenting at the seminar(s) you registered to attend, for administrative purposes and to allow them to market their own products and services to you. To obtain the names of speakers with whom we shared your contact information, please submit this request in writing. We may also provide your Contact Information and Financial Information to third parties who perform marketing, administrative, or other functions for HR Resource or provide us with additional information about your company. Our contracts with such third parties specify that they are not to use your Contact Information and Financial Information for any other purpose.
- If you correspond with HR Resource via email, we collect your email address and the content of the email, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
In addition to the uses noted above, HR Resource may use your Contact Information to market our products and services to you, and may share, sell or rent your Contact Information to others for their marketing purposes. We may also combine Personally Identifiable Information obtained through this website with Personally Identifiable Information from other sources in order to market more effectively. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be marketed to by HR Resource, Speakers, or third parties. If you would like to opt out from our email advertisements please visit http://www.hrresource.com/contact/subscription.php, enter your email address and tailor your email subscriptions.
Affiliate Information: From time to time, HR Resource may obtain from or share with its affiliates the Contact Information of individuals who may be interested in industry information or services that we each provide.
HR Resource may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, and any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide may be transferred in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or other corporate transaction involving HR Resource or its assets.
International Data Privacy
Legitimate Interest and Usage of Data
There are times when we will process your Personal Data on the lawful basis of our legitimate interest, for example when contacting you about new product offerings and conducting surveys to enhance our services. For this type of processing, we will always take into consideration the effect of such processing on your fundamental rights and freedoms, and if we believe that the communication would be an infringement on your rights, we will not proceed with that communication.
In connection with marketing promotions or any other email communications you may opt-out and we will respect your decision. Each communication will provide you information on how to unsubscribe. You may also contact us directly by emailing or calling us.
During any sign up or registration process, data collected will be required to be completed and accepted with consent to the terms presented. If you are not willing to accept and provide explicit consent you will not be allowed to continue with your sign up or transaction.
When given consent, we will process your data for marketing promotions, operational and informational emails pertaining to your account or product information.
We will share personal information with the faculty members of the courses you attend as they will use your information to follow up after course presentations. We may also share your information with list rental companies for marketing and promotional purposes. At any time you have the right to withdraw the consent given and opt out. You can do so by unsubscribing from any email you receive from us or through direct contact of phone, email or mail.
Access & Changes
You have the right to request access to view and obtain any of your personal data. We will take all reasonable steps to assist you with any legitimate request. Any requests must be made in writing with sufficient detail to identify the Personal Data you are requesting. HR Resource will make this data available within 30 business days or provide written notice if an extension is required to fulfill the request.
You have the right to correct your data. We make all reasonable effort to ensure your data is accurate and complete. Any request for data correction must be made in writing and sufficient detail to identify the personal data will be sought.
Objection and Erasure
You have the right to opt out and remove your data from our database. HR Resource will be required hold your email address and record of opt out as a legal obligation. To opt out simply click the unsubscribe link in any of our emails. You can also opt out by visiting: http://www.hrresource.com/contact/subscription.php
Any request for the erasure of Personal Data must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the Personal Data and the erasure being sought.
HR Resource will respond to all requests for erasure within a reasonable amount of time.
We will retain your data on file for a minimum of 7 years which is our requirement for our continuing education boards. After 7 years we will remove your data unless you request for it to be kept on file.
At any time you may contact our data privacy contact for questions or concerns regarding your data.
Data Privacy Contact
Changes and Modifications
Security of HR Resource's website
HR Resource cares about the safety and security of your transaction(s) at our website. We redirect visitors to a more secure server to transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as credit card information, and take precautions against physical and electronic intrusion to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from visitors to our website or from correspondence or other documents. HR Resource cannot, however, guarantee the security of information collected through this website or stored in its data systems, the accuracy of the information posted on or accessed through this website, or that the site is error- and virus-free.
Updating Your Information
Upon written request, we will provide you with the Contact Information and Financial Information that we have collected and maintained about you. You can obtain, review and/or update this information by writing to us at the email or postal address at the top of this page.
This website may contain links to other sites. HR Resource has no control over the information and privacy policies and practices of those websites, and is not responsible for their content, collection and use of information, or freedom from error or viruses. It is your responsibility to recognize, by paying attention to your browser’s address bar, when you are leaving HR Resource’s site.
HR Resource is not responsible for any collection or use of information that an outside ad server may have collected from you.