Phased Retirement Programs: Exploring the Benefits and Issues
|OnDemand Webinar||$209||Add to Cart|
The aging workforce is impacting employers - make sure you are utilizing a phased retirement program that fits your company's needs.'Phased Retirement' is an expression we have heard but is not easy to define. This is partly due to the fact that there is not clear legislation or regulations that define it. And yet, as an employer or consultant, the growing number of baby boomers leaving the workforce poses the challenge of meeting business needs and not running afoul of the various ERISA benefit plan rules which apply to less than full-time employment. After this topic, you will understand and gain the tools to implement a phased retirement program in your company or to advise your clients regarding their options. You will be able to identify and address the sometimes competing goals of employees who are not ready to fully retire and employers vis-?-vis an aging workforce. You will learn how to maximize the talents of this group, how to modify their employment relationship, depending on your or your clients' needs as well as the needs of this employee group. You will be able to identify the traps and pitfalls in establishing a phased retirement program and will be able to design one that meets your needs.
AuthorsDiane Goulder Cohen, Esq., The Wagner Law Group
- What Is Phased Retirement?
- What Regulatory Agencies Have Overview?
- What Laws and Regulations Apply?
- Where Do We Stand Today and What Can We Expect?
Phased Retirement Options
- What Are Employer Choices?
- What Are Employee Choices?
- What Options Maximize Both?
- Education - When to Start and What to Provide
- Demographics - Each Company Is Unique; What Makes Sense for Yours?
- Getting Started - How to Implement
|Audio & Reference Manual||More Info|
|MP3 Download||More Info|