Employer Alert: New FMLA Poster and FormsRod Stephens
December 22, 2008 — 2,158 views
The Department of Labor has just announced that it has issued a new FMLA poster that incorporates changes reflected in its final FMLA rules that were recently published. This poster must be displayed in the workplace in a conspicuous place. (To get the poster click here: http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/finalrule/FMLAPoster.pdf )
The Department of Labor (DOL) has also issued new forms for use in the FMLA process. The old WH-380 form has been revised. In its place DOL it has created two new forms:
1. WH-380E: Employee's Serious Health Condition (Click here to get Form WH-380E http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/forms/WH-380-E.pdf )
2. WH-380F: Family Members Serious Health Condition (Click Here to get Form WH-380F http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/forms/WH-380-F.pdf )
DOL also revised Form WH-381, the Notice to Eligibility, Rights and Responsibilities Form. (Click here to get Form WH-381 http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/finalrule/WH381.pdf ).
Since we can never have enough forms (I say that tongue in cheek), DOL has created three (3) new forms to assist with the FMLA process and with Military Family Leave:
1. WH-382: Designation Notice to Employee of of FMLA Leave. (Click here to get Form WH-382 http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/forms/WH-382.pdf )
2. WH-384: Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Family Leave. (Click here to get Form WH-384 http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/forms/WH-384.pdf )
3. WH-385: Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered ServiceMember for Military Family Leave (Click here to get Form WH-385 http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/forms/WH-385.pdf ).
Rod brings a unique perspective to the table in that he represents management and employees. We feel this allows us to offer a broader perspective to our clients in that we understand cutting edge employment law issues and how they are perceived by management and employees. Employment law matters can require immediate response in times of crisis. On those occasions, you can take comfort in the knowledge that we are prepared to provide the type of response that takes advantage of years of experience.